Thursday, July 19, 2012

Memories

It is so interesting how one item can bring back a thousand memories. I went to a thrift store today and as I was looking around I found a beautiful picnic basket. As I picked it up and looked it over memories started pouring through my mind. It took me back to a time when I was a child and ran around barefoot. One Christmas my aunt sent us a picnic basket and even though it was a Christmas present, it got to us in the spring. A joke in our family was that it was Christmas all year round. As soon as we opened the picnic basket I couldn't wait to go on a picnic. As soon as I could, I grabbed food out of the fridge, a couple of bottles of coke, a blanket and went out with my Maasai sister for a picnic. We spread the blanket in the yard under the Acacia tree and spread out our feast. We laughed and had a good time picking wildflowers. We packed up and headed inside to watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers which we watched every weekend for many many years.

Now that I have a beautiful new picnic basket, I am so very excited for all the new memories are to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment