Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A sprinkle of Joy

Life gets hard right? I mean we all find ourselves dragging our feet waiting for the moment when we can curl up in bed and sleep away all our problems. Today, my mother reminded me to look for the sprinkles of Joy that our amazing God blows our way throughout our day. Recently, my days have gotten increasingly longer and harder, and the sprinkles have become hidden by the cloud of stress that seemingly is ever present. Sitting here reflecting on the past week I see so many sprinkles that I overlooked in the moment. I got to see the excited face as I surprised a very special friend, My best friend took me to lunch and we got to have a much needed catch-up time, I have had so many hugs from so many wonderful people this week, I get to teach the most amazing group of 4th graders on this planet, my roommate made me dinner, I got to go contra dancing, my aunt sent me a letter, I got to sleep in on Saturday, I pray multiple times a week with several of the greatest people I know and lastly, I have a God who watches over me. So, you see how sprinkles of joy can come in all shapes and sizes? It is a work of the most high God and his mighty love for us!
Find your sprinkles this week,
Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment