Thursday, February 11, 2016

Coffee Mugs and To Do Lists

4 days until departure

2 suitcases packed and re-packed

3 loads of laundry

1 goodbye party

1 To Do list

1398471234123 cups of coffee


4 days left wow.... my mind can barely grasp the idea that in mere days, I will be making the biggest leap of faith and life step I have ever made.

This is not a fire drill... THIS IS THE REAL THING! I AM MOVING TO THAILAND!

Pardon the excitement but it is welling up within my spirit as I get closer and closer to finally stepping on that plane.

That is if I can ever decide what I want... scratch that... what I NEED to take. This morning I finally got to the point with my suitcases that I just stood there staring at them hoping somehow magically they would pack themselves with just the right amount of everything I need. (I'm going to need some sort of Jedi force to make that happen!) In the end, I know the Lord will make it evident what I need to take so I should probably stop stressing over it as much as I do.

I don't know about you all, but I am a list maker and a planner. I sometimes feel if I didn't have my lists and planner my life would go to shambles because I wouldn't get anything done and I would forget all the things I needed to remember. That being said, I have a running "MUST DO" list as I get closer to departure. There have been a fair amount of items on that list but I am starting to feel like this list came out of Mary Poppins carpet bag. For everything I cross off my list, two more items appear. I thought that my sea of pink highlighting would be finished by now but of course there is one little corner of my list that has yet to be highlighted. I guess this is all to say, I didn't realize all the little details that goes into  moving internationally. Bank accounts have to be closed out, gym memberships cancelled and bills properly aligned. Things most people wouldn't necessarily have to worry about if they were just moving from state to state.

Those these last few weeks have held lots of long lists, many cups of coffee and a few moments of panic, I am ever sure that this is the path that God wants me to travel. He is walking alongside me as I pray and prepare to make this leap of faith!

These next four days are going to hold a lot of craziness but I can't wait to tell you all about it the next time I blog... FROM THAILAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment