Sunday, June 2, 2013

PDO. . . take two

I am now in the middle of PDO and man oh man have I been learning so much. I think, I thought I was going to know so much because I am a missionary kid but let me tell you, the Lord sure humbled me quick! There are so many things I wouldn't have even thought might effect me. There are a couple of things I want to highlight from the past two days.

Yesterday, we spent the majority of our day at a ropes course team building. We were split up into three groups and were sent out with a guide to complete certain elements. We learned just how key communication is within a team and when communication breaks down, the team starts to crumble and can fail at a task that is trying to be completed. We were able to learn about each others weaknesses and strengths as well which was really helpful as we were able to encourage each other and help one another through whatever issue we were struggling with.

Today, we had evening prayers with the sisters here at the convent. It was amazing to see such devoted women truly pouring all they are and have into the service of God. The prioress prayed over us as interns and the people we will come into contact with. I was brought to tears by their love for us as fellow laborers for God. It is such a comfort and blessing to know that they will be fervently praying on our behalf while we are halfway across the world.

Two days until Tosha and I begin our journey to Thailand. I think we are both ready to be there and are struggling to find peace in being here a few days longer. Today, I have been really struggling to find inner peace and find my mind wandering into self doubts and situational doubts. The prayer of my heart today has been that I will find the peace I need and that I will not try to solve my own issues but that Christ will have full control over these situations.

Today I am asking for prayers for Tosha and I as we struggle with finding peace in being here and for me as I have been doubting myself.

Thank you all so much for your partnership with me on this journey through your love and prayers!

All my love,
Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment