Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ponderings of a girl.

Count Down of My Top Eight Thoughts of the Day:

8: Starting classes tomorrow- I love starting school and the excitement of new books and new subjects. However, once the semester is halfway through I begin to get bored and just want to give up. With 19 hours this semester I have to step it up and become a mean studying machine. I want to prove to myself that I can do this. A bonus though. . .I just found out we are on snow schedule which means I don't have to start class until 9:30!!!!!


7: Home cooked meals- As I stare at the neon pink and yellow boxes of Maruchan Instant Lunch with Shrimp aka ramen noodles and I suddenly have a pang for home cooked meals. Roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls. . .I better stop or I am going to start drooling :)


6: Body Butter- For Christmas my Meme got me Body Butter and I have a question about it. Is there really butter in it? To answer that question there is cocoa butter in it. Problem is I don't know what cocoa butter is. . .


5: Snow- I don't think I ever realized how much it snows here in East Tennessee!!! I had at least 4 inches when I attempted to scrape it off. I have experienced "snow" before in Missouri but not anything like this. IT JUST KEEPS SNOWING!!!! Its crazy!!! One bonus like I mentioned earlier is the fact that we are on snow delay!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It's still snowing and probably will for the next few days!!!


4: Spider-Man-I was looking through my closet and pulled out my spider-man shirt and I realize how much I still love spider-man and how much spider-man things I have. I have a comforter, a blanket, a coloring book, all three movies, a shirt, pictures, at one point a profile picture and the list continues!!! I am in love with spider-man! He is the only guy who can sweep me off my feet (literally!!!)


3: Reading-I realize that I won't have a big amount of time to read this semester because of all the classes I am taking but I would like to at least complete a couple of reading books. One book that I just found that I have is When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy. It is really relevant to my life at the moment. Another book that I want to ready is Live Life on Purpose by Claude Hickman. Both of these books come with high recommendations and I am hoping to get them read!!!


2: Kenya-When am I not thinking about Kenya? I think about it every waking moment. It is my passion and my life. I couldn't live without it. I feel like a fish out of water when I am anywhere else. I know that with all my heart God is calling me to be a missionary there and to spread the gospel to those who have yet to be reached. I miss it so much and pray that God will calm my heart until I can go back to that wonderful country again.


1: Mistakes I have made- I have been thinking a lot about mistakes that I have made lately. How I feel so stupid when I look back on them. The lyric to Bruno Mar's Song Move On captures what I feel.
"How do I end up in the same old place,
faced again with the same mistakes,
so stubborn thinkin I know what is right,
but life proves me wrong everytime,
takin roads that lead me nowhere..." 

I talked to my dad about how I feel about the mistakes that I have made and how I feel stupid and his words to me really encouraged me. "I absolutely refuse to let the evil one condemn me and continue to call me stupid. I am God's child pure and simple, a holy temple for the swelling of the Holy Spirit and so are you my precious Angela. Always hold on to our God who sometimes shows us severe mercy."

I want to encourage all of you who are struggling with things in your life that leave you feeling stupid or leave you with a feeling in your stomach that you just can't seem to get rid of to take the advice that my dad gave me and refuse to let Satan make you think you are worthless and stupid.

Loves,
Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment