Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wherever you lead I will go!

It's funny to see the expressions on people's faces when I tell them that I want to be a missionary. For some people their expression is one of disbelief. They look at me like "why in the world would you want to do something crazy like that?" For others their expression is one like "Well I'm glad someone is going out, but I'm sure not!" A very select few pat me on the back and tell me that they are proud of me and will pray for my journey to become a missionary. I feel so blessed to know that even though they are few, there are people who believe in me.

Being a missionary to me is more than just a job, it is a way of life. It encompasses your whole life. From the time you wake-up until the very moment you lay your head on your pillow. Growing up in Kenya taught me so much about this. Mom and Dad would make late night drives to take people to the nearest clinic before ours were built. There were countless times that I remember having people into our home at all hours of the day and night to pray with them, having them in to have meals with us and loving on them like they were our family. As a missionary you are surrounded by your mission field all the time, and the thing while it is hard at times for missionaries to be completely surrounded by their mission field. The beauty of being is surrounded by your mission field is that God is always giving you opportunities to show people the light at the end of the tunnel which is God's wonderful grace.

I realize that becoming a missionary is going to be a hard choice for me as it already has been. I have had to end relationships to follow my passion of becoming a missionary. I know that I am following God's will and that I will face times where it will be difficult, but in the end I know I am doing the right thing, and that he will provide a husband for me in his timing. The thing is that I know that I can make it through the hard times and the good times are going to be even better than I could have ever imagined.

People think I am crazy for going to a place where there is no running water and there are wild animals are all around me. The thing is, no matter what I know I am following God's calling. God is calling me to be a missionary and every night when I pray I tell the Lord "Wherever you lead I will go!"

No matter what the passion God has placed on your heart don't let anyone or anything stop you from reaching for the stars and following that passion.

Loves,
Ang

Kenyan Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment