Friday, January 28, 2011

Walking Tall for the Lord (Literally)

As most people know I am tall. almost 6'3" to be precise. Obviously it is the first thing that people notice about me. All the time I hear whispers when my back is turned saying, "HOLY COW! She is freakishly tall!" It stings a little bit because like the rest of the world I want to be accepted and I don't want to stick out among anyone. But its kind of a hard thing not to when I tower over most people! Ha ha ha!

It can be a really big struggle for me because the sting of the comments leads my mind down a path of insecurity and self-doubt. It makes it hard for me to want to do the work God has set out for me. All I want to do is sit in my dorm room where I know no one can judge me but I can't. Plain and simple. It is not what the Lord has in mind for my life. I have so much work left to do in my life to ignore those who feel it is there place to judge me.

The bible says in James 1 "Consider it pure joy my brothers when you face trials of many kinds..." It is a hard command to follow because trials are not a happy time in a persons life. It certainly isn't a fun thing to hear hurtful comments. It takes a conscience effort to wake up in the morning and make myself face the cruel world but I know that I am a child of God. Every morning through out middle school and high school before I left for school my dad would tell me in maasai, "Remember who you are." I would reply back (in maasai) "I am a child of God." This simple act and reminder gave me that hope that God is with me. I can do anything through Christ.

Even with the hardships of being tall I know that I can walk tall for the Lord and hold my head high (it almost touches the clouds sometimes haha) and do the work that he has in store for me.


Momma and I walking in a state park in 2009.

1 comment:

  1. I have someone you need to mean he is a friend of mine and I think you would in joy talking to him. i have read every blog i like them all.

    ReplyDelete